Gioco Stretto ("narrow play") refers to situations where the opponent's weapon is in close proximity and presents the capacity to strike with a short movement, often a thrust. In this course you'll learn how to approach an opponent who points the swords at you and control their blade while attacking with cuts and thrusts.
Then you'll maintain control of the opponent as they seek to recover their position. Finally we'll explore the subtlety of blade pressure and how to respond to the opponent's attempts to move their sword away from or against our position of control.
Each topic contains a short video. Retention quizzes, practice notes and discussion are available in the Premium courses.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.