Lessons 5 & 6: Guardia di Testa (the head guard) and Guardia di Faccia (the face guard) are positions that defend the upper parts of the body. In these lessons we look at how we can pass through and arrive in these positions to parry and deflect. We also look at how the defenses change when we begin in a larga guard or stretta guard.
Lessons 7 & 8: Working our way further up the body, we look now at the over-the-arm-guard (Sopra Braccio) and the high guard (Guardia Alta). Both of these positions are powerful for delivering descending blows and for their ability to strike through the guards and blows of your opponent; they also have a simple and effective defense.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.