While we are building this course, Subscribers can view the lesson videos in long playlist format:
Lessons 1 & 2: Prima tempo is the opportunity to strike the opponent in one tempo while they move forward or fix while in measure. Here we look at a diversity of opportunities that can arrise in prima tempo from the opponent’s initial approach into measure, into enducing the opponent to freeze, or to give you a movement forward while in measure.
Lessons 3 & 4: We look not just at the simple form of mezzo tempo, striking during a preparation of the sword, but through a diverse set of actions from withdrawing, disengaging, preparations, and fixes. After we get those in hand we’ll look at how we can defend ourselves from the shortest of the tempos.
Lessons 5 & 6: Contra tempo is one of the most idealized of the four tempos. Here we look at the diversity of ways that it may be created and taken advantage of. We then look at ways to respond to someone who is attempting to strke us in contra-tempo.
Lessons 7 & 8: Dui-tempi is perhaps one of the most useful and commonly employed tempos of operation in fencing, though often undervalued. We’ll look at a variety of ways that actions in Dui-Tempi can be employed and defeated.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.