While we are building this course, Subscribers can view the lesson videos in long playlist format:
Lessons 1 & 2: To excel at the True Fight, one must be able to mechanically find, gain and stringer the opponent’s sword proficiently. To stringer the opponent’s sword is to manage the duration of their action, and make it greater than that of your reaction. These lessons go into the details of blade control that make the engagement safer and more predictable.
Lessons 3 & 4: Moving off the straight line from your opponent can increase your advantage of crossing, increase the proportion of their action in relation to yours, make their next motion more predictable, and give you access to targets you would not necessarily see on the straight line. We explore how to both move away from the opponent’s sword as well as toward it as a means of stringering in a whole new non-linear fashion.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.