While we are building this course, Subscribers can view the lesson videos in long playlist format:
Lessons 1 & 2: In these first lessons of working with two swords we will explore use of both the long rapier and the shorter arming sword. The most important part of learning to weild two weapons simultaneously is how to coordinate them so they don’t conflict with one another, and instead work to support one another. In our first lesson we look at thrusting transitions with the rapier, and in the second, cutting transitions with the arming sword.
Lessons 3 & 4: We look at how we engage two swords in a manner that creates safe opportunities to strike. First we look at methods for bringing one of the opponent’s swords into the other. Then we bring these actions into context and look at how we can constrain an opponent into giving us the opportunity to control both weapons.
Lessons 5 & 6: We look at the use of the shorter cut-and-thrust rapier and how we can use both weapons to defend against cuts, first from our closed seconda position, then from quinta with both swords lowered.
Lessons 7 & 8: We’re going to put down the second sword a pick up a different sword-like object: the cane or baton. In these lessons you’ll see how the baton can function like a rapier, a blunt sidesword, or a dagger. It has many advantages you can exploit plus a few weaknesses to secure yourself against.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.