26 topics, 46 min video
Sample: 1.3 Three Choices when Attacking
Gioco Largo ("wide play") refers to situations where the opponent's weapon is withdrawn and presents the capacity to strike with a larger movement, often a cut. In this course you'll learn how to approach an opponent who holds their sword back, attack their position, and find safe ways to continue the offense.
Attacking the Guards: We will examine the guards our opponent stands in and approach them with a plan of attack. Using proper blade mechanics we are able to strike our blow while defending ourselves against their simple attack to us.
Bind Pressures: It is imperative that when the blades bind together we sense the intent of the opponent and respond correctly and immediately. This gives us the opportunity to continue our offensive no matter their response.
Stringere: We will apply stringere (strategic pressure) to the opponent in order to lead them away from attacking and toward defending. When they move to defend, we will preempt their defenses and continue our own offensive.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.