Duel like a musketeer, sharpen your skills as a rapier practitioner, and build the foundation as a great swordfighter. In this course you’ll be guided step-by-step through the fundamentals of Italian Rapier practice. Each topic contains a short video, retention quiz, and specific practice advice.
What You’ll Learn
- This history, background, and anatomy of the Renaissance rapier.
- How to approach these courses and what you can expect from them.
- The ideological tenets of the school.
- Postures optimal for defending and attacking
- The lunging attack of the rapier
- How to avoid common mistakes in posture and lunging
- Exercises and drills to keep practicing and improving your technique
What You'll Need
- A sword specifically made for practice, preferably one constructed, weighted and balanced to match the sword being studied.
- If you don't have a sword, a wooden dowel or other staff 36"-45" long, about 1" in diameter
- Gloves can make handling some swords more comfortable.
- A mirror, video camera, or partner to help check your form and provide feedback.