14 topics, 27 min video
Sample: 2.3 Double Cutting with Footwork
This is Part II of the Sidesword Fundamentals course series.
Cutting Mechanics: We are focusing on powerful cutting mechanics with a single handed sword. We will explore how to properly connect the large muscles of our body to the swing of our weapon while maintaining the proper order of operations that sends the sword first across the distance to our opponent.
Wrist Cuts, with Buckler: The shield has two jobs: protect the body by projecting outward toward the opponent, and protect the sword hand/arm as it comes forward to strike. We explore making cuts around the shield and moving the shield around our cuts.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.