Prerequisite: This course assumes the knowledge of the three Sidesword Fundamentals courses.
26 topics, 49 min video
Sample: 4.3 Responding to Lateral Pressure
Gaining via the Cut/Thrust: In gioco stretto, our opponent's point remains a threat, and must be covered at all times. We will approach their threat and use the advantages of blade control to capture it and make a covered attack of our own.
Maintaining Control: Our opponent will naturally want to escape our control or make attempts of their own to recover it. We'll use a few common turns (volta) of the sword to counter their actions and preserve our original advantage.
Three Blade Pressures: When the two swords come to the bind, we must immediately decide how to respond based on the nature of the bind pressure. We'll examine our options as the opponent either decreases or increases the pressure, each time preempting their attempts at controlling our sword.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.