21 topics, 54 min video
Sample: 3.5 Tessitura Exercise
Approaching is the part of the sword fight where you move toward the opponent to control and attack. It may be how the sword fight begins, or a particular moment when you decide to approach. Part I of approaching focuses on refining your mechanics for getting to the right measure, controlling the opponent’s blade, and making attacks that keep you safe.
Lessons 1 & 2: The focus in the first two lessons is to refine and challenge your fundamental mechanics of movement and your understanding of measure. Building from the basics you’ll understand the different types of opportunities that exist at each measure and how to get to them.
Lessons 3 & 4: These lessons will strengthen your ability to find and gain control of the opponent’s sword using the three advantages: 1) Edge, 2) Leverage, and 3) Crossing. Through progressive exercises you’ll deepen your ability to deflect your opponent’s weapon while you simultaneously strike.
Each topic contains a short video. Retention quizzes, practice notes and discussion are available in the Premium courses.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.