While we are building this course, Subscribers can view the lesson videos in long playlist format:
Lesson 1: A “collection” is an outcome from a crossing of swords where the attacker’s sword is channeled down the length of weapon into the defender’s cross, thus giving the defender a strong gaining position that can be used to launch a counter-attack or enter to wrestle. In this lesson you will learn how to use posta longa to collect.
Lesson 2: Though longa is a powerful collecting guard it has two weaknesses that can be exploited by the opponent: 1. It requires space to operate, if the opponent is very close it is nearly impossible to bring the point onto line to collect, 2. It offers the debole of the sword which the opponent could seek to control. In this lesson we’ll look at the use of Posta Frontale as an alternative collecting guard that works to cover these potential weaknesses.
Lesson 3: This lesson focuses on what can be done from Posta Frontale when we decide to keep contact with our opponent’s sword instead of expelling it.
Lesson 4: The final guard we examine in our topic on collection is Finestra. Through Finestra we can create a secure and broad defense of the body against descending blows and safely collect the opponent’s weapon in the cross.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.