28 topics, 41 min video
Sample: 2.2 Disarm from the Forte
Sometimes we don’t want to kill our opponent but simply neutralize them. One of the most effective means of doing this is the disarm.
True Fight: Here we look at methods to take control of the weapon and exploit mechanical weaknesses of the hand to strip the weapon from our opponent’s grip.
Adaptive Fight: We’ll be taking some of the same disarms we worked in the True Fight lessons, but now from a position where the opponent has gained our sword. Yielding to their force and passing under the blade we’ll find disarms at the distance of the opponent’s pommel, forte, and debole.
With Dagger, and Counters: Concluding our work on disarms we focus on disarms using the dagger and then look at the principles behind countering disarms and close plays, using close play of our own
Dagger Strikes: Moving on from our sword centric approach we look at how some of our close approaching techniques can be used to enter in and strike with the dagger.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.