While we are building this course, Subscribers can view the lesson videos in long playlist format:
Lessons 1 & 2: Sometimes we don’t want to kill our opponent but simply neutralize them. One of the most effective means of doing this is the disarm. Here we look at methods to take control of the weapon and exploit mechanical weaknesses of the hand to strip the weapon from our opponent’s grip.
Lessons 3 & 4: We’ll be taking some of the same disarms we worked in lessons 1 & 2, but now from a position where the opponent has gained our sword. Yielding to their force and passing under the blade we’ll find disarms at the distance of the opponent’s guard, forte, and blade.
Lessons 5 & 6: Moving on from our sword centric approach and look at how the dagger can be first employed in disarms, and then how some of our close approaching techniques can be used to enter in and strike with the dagger.
Lessons 7 & 8: Concluding our work on disarms we focus on striking with the dagger and then look at the principles behind countering disarms and close plays, using close play of our own.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.