Sign up for FREE and become a Member of DuelloTV. You'll receive the weekly news email, training blog articles, two Quick Start courses, and access to dozens of solo exercise videos.
Learning how to wield the longsword is a powerful and inspiring experience. It's a great workout for your mind and body and the beginning of a journey into physical confidence and ability.
This course presents a selection of lessons from our complete Longsword Fundamentals course series. It is designed to get you started in a few basics of this weapon, as easily as possible. Through mini-lessons, quizzes to help you retain what you've learned, and assignments you can do on your own or with a friend, you'll learn
- The core longsword fighting positions
- Fundamentals of cutting
- How to flow from one attack into another
- How to control an opponent's weapon
- Five methods for a winning defence
If you've enjoyed your learning experience, subscribe and complete the entire course series. You will become a much better martial artist for it!
Let's Get Started!
- You'll need a longsword simulator. This can be a sword, or as simple as a wooden dowel 36"-45" long, about 1" in diameter
- Check your form and get feedback with a mirror, video camera, or partner.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.