Learning how to wield the longsword is a powerful and inspiring experience. It’s a great workout for your mind and body and the beginning of a journey into physical confidence and ability.
This course presents a selection of lessons from our Longsword Fundamentals courses. It is designed to get you started in the basics of this weapon, as easily as possible. Through mini-lessons, quizzes to help you retain what you’ve learned, and assignments you can do on your own or with a friend, you’ll learn
- The core longsword fighting positions
- Fundamentals of cutting
- How to flow from one attack into another
- How to control an opponent’s weapon
- Five methods for a winning defence
After you have acquired the basics of the longsword you can continue with our weekly lesson videos and more advanced courses to begin your journey toward mastery.
Let’s Get Started!
- You’ll need a longsword simulator. This can be a sword, or as simple as a wooden dowel 36″-45″ long, about 1″ in diameter
- Check your form and get feedback with a mirror, video camera, or partner.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.