While we are building this course, Subscribers can view the lesson videos in long playlist format:
When a sword fight gets too close for blade play, we turn to grappling as a combative solution in order to continue the offensive.
Lessons 1 & 2: Moving the sword and buckler together in union is an essential part in grappling preparedness. This transitions us into using the buckler to move and suppress the opponent and their sword.
Lessons 3 & 4: Then we'll use the buckler to make strikes of its own. And they are nasty! Finally we'll use our buckler arm to move into the opponent and bind up their limbs to our advantage and even disarm them of their weapon.
Each topic contains a short video. Retention quizzes, practice notes and discussion are available in the Premium courses.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.