32 topics, 77 min video
Sample: 2.2 Countering Posta di Donna's Defenses
We will be working through all of the primary poste of the longsword looking at both how to employ their most direct actions and how to best approach and defeat them. We begin with posta di donna (woman’s guard).
We continue our work on longsword guards and countering them by examining two different low poste: porta di ferro (iron gate) with the sword low on the right and dente al cinghiara (boar’s tooth) with the sword low on the left.
Finishing this course we examine posta longa and breve (the long/short guard) and use its forward point to both threaten and deceive our opponent.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.