While we are building this course, Subscribers can view the lesson videos in long playlist format:
Lessons 5 & 6: In the realm of longsword guards we are exploring the deceptive and effective guard Porta di Ferro Mezzanna (Middle Iron Gate). This guard is able to do many of the actions of Porta di Ferro and Dente al Cinghiara and its simple defence is effective in armour and out. In the German systems this guard is often called Alber, “Fool”. It appears to be vulnerable but hides a fast thrust and manner of deflecting oncoming blows. We are also looking at Dente al Cinghiara Mezzanna (Middle Boar’s Tooth), which presents and offering to the head and covers it convincingly with a counter-thrust.
Lessons 7, 8 & 9: We look at guards where the point is extended toward the opponent (with the exception of Frontale). These positions control the opponent through a more immediate threat and a more closer constraint of the opponent’s striking options because in these guards the sword is already out in front.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.