13 topics, 31 min video
Sample: 1.4 Parry and Pursuit in Dui Tempi
What strategic tools are most useful against a particular fighter or opponent?
Against Approachers: These two lessons explore strategies relevant to an opponent that is willing to approach. The first opponent seeks to attack right from the beginning of engagement. The second opponent is more concerned about getting strong control of the sword.
Against Defenders: We continue our exploration of opponents and their dispositions, this time focusing on those that retreat or wait for us to approach. Not to be confused with passive, our first opponent is sitting back and waiting for an opportunity to attack as we come forward. Our second opponent won’t give us much, instead occupying themselves with endless retreating and defending.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.