How you structure a class (or a personal training session) has a large impact on the ability of students to retain and integrate what has been taught. In this webinar Devon Boorman explores how to design classes that help students retain, understand, and apply newly acquired skills.
– How to teach in a way that builds good motor programs
– How to use randomized drilling to increase retention
– How to advance drills in a way that moves students toward sparring
– How to integrate guided sparring and games to create applied understanding
This webinar has relevance for instructors and practitioners of all experience levels. Whether you’re teaching classes to others or building training programs for yourself.
The topics covered include:
– Building safe and effective sparring into your school or club
– Sparring games
– Sparring Analysis and feedback
– Scaling speed sparring and slow sparring
– Directed sparring and coached sparring
– How to create safety and manage problems in free sparring
Become a subscriber at www.duello.tv to learn about future webinars and to engage in further training on these subjects.
Join Devon in Vancouver for a week long instructor intensive. Get info and register here:
This session explores the cycle a new skill travels—from learning to proficiency—and how to make that process as smooth and effective as possible. Including:
– Learning mechanics and placing skills into context
– Effective drilling and applying tactical pressure
– Use of sparring games and other integration tools
– Analysis, refinement, and the place of full speed sparring
Additional participant questions include:
– How do you engage in drills with participants who are less inclined?
– How do you manage speed and use slow speed sparring effectively?
– How do you smoothly move people from drills into higher pressure exercises?
– What makes a good sparring game and how do you design one?
You’ll come away with useful tools for refining your own learning and teaching process based on modern sport science and the experience gained at Academie Duello teaching over 10,000 students over the past 15 years. Sign up to Duello.TV for more resources, notifications of future online webinars, and to learn about our upcoming instructor training intensives.
Journey the path of swordplay mastery – Get started FREE – https://duello.tv – Interactive Online Courses – Training Blog
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed