26 topics, 45 min video
Sample: 2.2 Defenses 1+2, Against the Squalembrato
The poleaxe is an incredible fighting tool capable of both great power and subtle deception. This course is an introduction to the basic attacks, defenses and counter attacks of this awesome weapon.
Attacks & Defenses: We study the eight attacks of the poleaxe and put them together in a solo practice sequence. Then we match an effective parry to each attack.
Counter Attacks: After having made an effective defense, many counter attacking options come into play, and we explore many of them from each part of the sequence. Finally we explore making defenses against every attack from a core posture of the poleaxe, porta di ferro.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.