27 topics, 55 min video
Sample: 6.1 Go-arounds
In unarmed combat we find all the essentials of the fight within our own hands, arms, legs and bodies. You'll be introduced to posture, footwork, creating and breaking structure, delivering and dealing with force, and using the four unarmed guards to attack and defend.
Posture & Movement: We'll study the basic posture of unarmed combat and how to move it around in an efficient way. Clean footwork is essential in all types of combat, and we'll set down the basic of mechanics and movement vocabulary.
Structure: Structure is about the ability to resist pressure, and to redirect our pressure in a way that defeats our opponent's ability to resist.
Push & Pull: In these lessons we will move our partner around and direct our strong force into our opponent's weak angles. Then we'll thwart our opponent who tries to bring a forceful game and redirect their energy into places we can exploit.
Poste: We'll study four unarmed guards and put them together in a solo sequence for practice. Then we'll put those guards to use in attacking, breaking holds and defending against both high and low attacks from the opponent.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.