18 topics, 42 min video
Sample: 3.1 My Centre
Striking Foundation. We focus on two strikes in particular, the straight-arm attack, and the hammer punch. These can be combined into multiple attacks that strike targets and tear down defenses.
Falling. A successfully controlled fall will accomplish two things: not getting injured, and the potential to continue the fight from the ground.
Controlling the Centre. We'll explore the three centres of control, and discover how they relate to each other when it comes to dominating the fight.
Following the Knife. A brief look at defenses against a modern knife, and a series of attacks and defenses designed to heighten awareness and tactile sensitivity.
First Master Position. The Master Position gives us a basis to engage with our opponent by controlling their arms and legs. We’ll explore how we get into the master position, and conclude with a takedown from there.
As with all of our courses, we especially encourage caution when training unarmed. These techniques are advanced, and are to be attempted only by martial artists who are trained in the fundamentals of movement, structure and body control.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.