19 topics, 34 min video
Sample: 2.3 Riposting in Gioco Largo
Gioco Largo ("wide play") refers to situations where the opponent's point is offline or their weapon is withdrawn in a position where it is prepared to deliver attacks with the larger movements, of cuts. In this course you'll build your defensive ability with a particular focus on counter-attacking preemptively and after parries, deflections, and collections.
Primo Tempo: In the first lesson you'll learn ways to effectively and safely strike an opponent as they enter into your measure in the opportunity known as "primo tempo".
Counter Attacks: Here we'll build on the core parries learned in the fundamentals lessons and explore the opportunities for counter-attacking depending on the position of your opponent's weapon. You'll also learn how to affect the position of your opponent's weapon through full-cut and half-cut defenses.
Counter Attacks, Part II: Deflections and collections also offer a diversity of counter-attacking and controlling options. You'll learn how to manipulate known positions like longa and frontale to attack a multitude of different targets from your opponent's hands to the top of their head.
Multiple defenses: In our final lesson you'll learn how to string together multiple series of defenses and the strategies for effective defensive training and development.
Each topic contains a short video. Retention quizzes, practice notes and discussion are available in the Premium courses.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.