22 topics, 52 min video
Sample: 3.6 Countering the Breaking
In this course you'll learn how to deal with an opponent who is coming toward you with their point online (gioco stretto). We will work extensively on counter-attacking and recovering from failed attempts to do so. Blade pressure is a key topic of the course, and we’ll learn to be sensitive to the kinds of pressure and cues our opponent gives as they approach. Finally, we'll examine the tactical and strategic implications of being the one who receives.
Lesson 1: Here you'll learn how to make effective exchanges from all four quadrants.
Lesson 2: Here you'll learn how to apply tactical constraint (stringere) as the opponent approaches, how to respond to pressures and changes of line all while both maintaining control and luring your opponent into your plans.
Lesson 3: What happens when the opponent gets control. In this lesson you'll learn how to recover control and retake the initiative from various measures and against various approaches.
Lesson 4: In this final lesson you'll learn how to strategically take control of the fight and the actions of the True Fight starting from positions of recovery. Here you'll understand the tactical implications of letting your opponent have control at first and how to effectively use that to your advantage and to take it back and strike.
Each topic contains a short video. Retention quizzes, practice notes and discussion are available in the Premium courses.
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.