Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4
Jump down to Longsword Practice | Rapier Practice | Sidesword Practice
Welcome to the annual 30-for-30 Swordplay Challenge training resource page! Every week through this month we’ll be pulling together useful videos and training advice to help you set goals, stay on track, and do your 30 minutes each day in the most painless and rewarding manner possible.
Don’t know about the challenge? Read all about it and join in through the 30-for30 Swordplay Challenge Facebook group.
On this page you’ll find content applicable for beginner to advanced swordplay students. The first three videos are for people who want to get started for the first time with the Rapier, Longsword, or Sidesword. Further down on the page you’ll find weekly training advice and video playlists for both solo and partner drills that you can use to guide your daily training.
We provide 4 solo and 4 partnered exercises each week. We recommend reviewing all four videos (they’re short) and then picking two or three as your focus each day. Use a timer and set it for 10 or 15 minute increments. By focusing on a small set of drills over a week you’ll most easily see forward progress.
Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
Longsword Practice Week 1
Rapier Practice Week 1
Sidesword Practice Week 1
Acknowledgement of Safety and Risk
- Practice all exercises slowly and with control.
- Practice using training swords that are not sharp and are specifically made for practice.
- Use protective gear for all exercises. In many of our videos we are not wearing head, throat or body protection in order to make clear explanation more possible. You should always use protective gear when practicing these arts regardless of the exercise.
- Be aware that injuries in training are always possible. Ensure that you are practicing with care and caution at all times.
- DuelloTV is not responsible for any injuries that occur as a result of sword practice inspired from our videos.